Mexico Dentist Guide for border towns of the United States for Snowbirds and Locals
San Diego
Yuma, AZ
Nogales, AZ
El Paso, NM
Laredo, TX

Americans living right across the border on the U.S. side were the original dental tourist. Seniors living in retirement and active adult communities in the border states enjoyed the lower prices at the clean, professional, and state-of-the art Mexican dental facilities. Some people have saved up to 70% and receive the same high standards of workmanship they would have expected at home.

Mexico takes pride in its Dental Colleges with high standards in professionalism and academic training, plus continuing education (which is often in the United States,). autoclave sterilization and sanitation procedures that meet western standards.

Our advice when crossing the border to Mexico is to plan ahead and get a Passport.  This will ensure a hassle-free trip to a Mexico dentist. For complete information about requirements to apply for a US passport, visit the following State Department Website.


What are the requirements for travel to Mexico from US? There’s a big difference between crossing the border from Mexico to USA and crossing the border from USA to Mexico. If you are crossing the border by land for Mexico dental services, you just walk across without the need to present your passport to Mexican customs.  

You don’t need to present your valid passport going to Mexico unless you are travelling more than 12-18 miles from the US-Mexico border into Mexico. There are also no visa requirements for Americans and Canadians to go to Mexico.

Read this important information about coming back to the US. There are different travel requirements when crossing the border from Mexico to US. If you crossing back to the US from Mexico by land, you need to present a valid Passport Book, Passport Card or Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL):

Passport Book: Can be used for both travel by land and air to Mexico and other international destinations.

Passport Card: Can only be used for travel by land or sea in Mexico.

Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL): Just like a passport card, EDL can only be used for travel by land or sea in Mexico. Many states are working on providing EDL to drivers.  Currently, Washington State, Vermont, New York, and Michigan are offering the EDL to cross border travelers.  Border States such as California, Arizona, and Texas are still in progress to offer EDL.    
We are not recommending specific dentists or dental offices, we intend to provide information to help consumers
make a more informed decision with respect to professional dentistry services available in Mexico.
Mexico Dentist Guide Advertising Copyright 2014 Internet Marketing Services National Advertising Information